The Child and Adult Food Care Program (CACFP) is a federal government program that gives cash reimbursement to child care providers for the nutritious meals and snacks they serve to the children in their care. ChildSavers is part of this nationwide network that administers federal CACFP in Virginia.

Benefits of The CACFP

There are many benefits to enrolling in the Child and Adult Care Food Program, including:

  • Add value to your business. Joining CACFP shows parents you truly care about their child’s health and nutrition. It also brings your costs down, so you can continue providing affordable quality care for families in your area. 
  • Increase your profits. Keep records of the food you purchase and serve, then, submit your records to receive reimbursements for your meal expenses.
  • Improve children’s health. Eating healthy meals and snacks with appropriate portions can help children learn and feel better. Coupled with physical activity coaching, your children can develop healthier relationships with food and exercise for life!


Am I Eligible to Participate?

Any licensed child care center, licensed family day home, approved subsidy child care vendor, or voluntarily registered child care provider in Virginia can contact us about participating in CACFP. You must have at least one child enrolled in your care to join the CACFP.

Is the CACFP Free?

Yes, participation in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is free for eligible child care businesses. CACFP training and associated software are also free to eligible child care providers.


Contact the CACFP Team

To learn more about the Child and Adult Food Care Program (CACFP) or how to participate in the CACFP, contact Joyce Mason at:

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal and, where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Scroll to Top